Work with clients and team project managers on the delivery of Cisco, ACI and NSX technologies. The Network Engineer will be responsible for end to end implementation of projects. Must have the skill sets, knowledge and ability to review existing customer deployments and make qualified recommendations. Must also be able to put into practice accepted recommendations. This role is highly consultative and requires excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to understand customer initiatives, objectives, challenges and inhibitors as well as functional and non-functional requirements.
- Provide thought leadership and drive integration/deployment efforts associated with Cisco solutions to meet the desired objectives.
- Must be able to work with customers to provide project trajectory, best practices and direction for large time and materials type projects.
- Expert ability designing route/switch systems with deep knowledge of routing protocol optimization based on system and customer requirements (BGP, OSPF, IGRP/EIGRP).
- Excellent understanding of Cisco firewalls, NSX distributed firewalls, Palo Alto is a plus.
- Experience with SDWAN design and deploy with Viptella and VeloCloud.
- Experience in NSX design and deploy
- Expert level in layer 2, layer 3 design and deployment.
- Must possess strong ability to visually represent proposed and approved architectures using graphics tools such as Visio.
- Must possess strong documentation skills (well-versed in Word for conveying and documenting the designs).
- Provide mentoring, knowledge transfer and professional development guidance to clients and peers as required.
- Strong customer facing and presentation skills, ability to present and communicate at all levels.
- Passion for problem solving
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to work as an individual contributor and in highly collaborative team settings.
- Highly analytical, ability to resolve complex technical problems as required.
- Manages escalations to ensure timely and high-quality resolutions to all issues.
- Provide business and technology consulting with a high level of comfort in data center environments with multiple technologies and multiple client-side teams.
- Large and/or medium scale infrastructure
- CCIE RS, CCIE SEC, will also consider CCNP RS, SEC, Wireless, VCP-DC6, VCP-NX6.
- Knowledge of data center management, systems management / monitoring, networking and
- Enterprise level professional services experience.
- 4 year degree (CS / IT / Eng / ITSec) or equivalent
Tweet This: Tweet
Share on LinkedIn: