Kovarus is seeking an experienced, highly talented and motivated individual for the position of VMware Engineer. Must have knowledge on VMware products including vSphere, View, and Site Recovery Manager. Our services include server consolidation, VMware product implementation with business process integration, as well as custom virtualization projects based on special customer requirements.
Job Description:The ideal candidate will be able to perform the following tasks for customers and have knowledge of the following:
- Install/Configure VMware vSphere, HA, DRS, VMotion, & Site Recovery Manager
- Create, analyze, and manage resource pools, virtual clusters, alert structures, security groups, permissions, vm templates, virtual networks
- Create and manage virtual machines
- Configure SAN environments utilizing iSCSI and Fibre technologies
- Familiarity with NFS and local SCSI storage options
- Utilize VMware Converter to conduct consolidations and migrations
- Install and configure Windows operation systems
- Install and configure Linux operation systems
- Familiarity with guided consolidation and vCloud Director are a plus
- Utilize VMware Update Manager to apply updates to ESX and Windows systems
- Tune virtual networking performance and setup VLANs
- Create technical documentations
- Troubleshoot performance and other VMware infrastructure issues
Experience:3-5 years hands-on experience implementing & supporting VMware Infrastructure in a production environment.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in computing or equivalent work experience
- Must be a VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- Must also hold some other industry certification (MSCE, CCNA, RHCE, CCA, etc..)
Requirements:The perfect candidate is a reliable and honest team player with attention to detail. We are looking for a driven individual with a consulting attitude who understands the big picture and feels comfortable taking situational leadership.
- Highly analytical and able to resolve complex technical problems as required
- Manages escalations to ensure timely and high quality resolution of all issues
- Capable of providing general infrastructure consulting; must be comfortable in the data center with multiple technologies
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently; provides ongoing knowledge transfer and direction to others as needed
- Sets appropriate expectations regarding capabilities and delivery timeframes of infrastructure technologies and services
- Customer service focused with exceptional problem solving, time management, and project management skills
Submit Your Resume
Please complete the form below and attach your resume.