The role of the Automation Solution Architect is to grow our customer base and revenue utilizing a consultative approach to client engagement, enabling Kovarus to meet its growth goals. The role’s focus is on pre-sales activities working with account managers to deepen existing client relationships, develop software, cloud, and automation solutions for clients, cross-sell/up-sell professional services, and penetrate new accounts with the full Kovarus catalog of solutions to sell.
- Partner with account managers in the pursuit of new software, cloud, and automation business, both by penetrating new accounts and cross-selling/up-selling in existing customers.
- Act as technical subject matter expert for Red Hat OpenShift, OpenStack, and Ansible technologies.
- Develop solutions based on above technologies based on client requirements.
- Propose and contract services business with customers. Work with Professional Services and peer SMEs as appropriate to coordinate SOWs, scoping, and pricing.
- Propose and quote software, subscription, and ELA (enterprise license agreement) business.
- Collaborate with customers on IT strategy, solution whiteboard, and educational sessions to deepen Kovarus’ thought leadership and opportunity in the account.
- Establish and maintain relationships with RedHat.
- Work with account managers to represent pipeline and forecasting to Kovarus leadership.
- Act as services executive for in-flight consulting engagements, as a point of contact for escalation and conduit to Kovarus executive team for customers.
- Work with Professional Services team to ensure smooth handoff for executing services engagements with customers.
- Work with Professional Services leadership on resourcing plans based on sales forecasts.
- Represent unique needs of regions as an input to overall corporate strategy in geographic expansion.
- Experience with Docker containers and DevOps pipelines is required. Specific experience with Kubernetes (or Red Hat OpenShift) is highly desired but candidates that can learn quickly will be considered. Familiarity with Ansible and/or OpenStack is a plus.
- Sales experience in a subject matter expert / solution architecture (pre-sales) role. Experience writing Proposals/SOWs is preferred.
- Understanding of IT Operations Management, such as process improvement, operating models, and IT Service Management.
- Familiarity with enterprise architecture and/or infrastructure architecture best practices, frameworks, etc.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field is desired.
Tweet This: Tweet
Share on LinkedIn: