Exciting opportunity to lead Kovarus Managed Services into our next phase of growth! Kovarus started our Managed Services offering two years ago and has grown the division to full profitability with a good customer base. We are looking to scale to new solutions and larger number of customers, with plenty of opportunity to cross-sell Managed Services into our existing client base for other solutions.
The purpose of this position is to lead all aspects of our Managed Services business, from offering development to delivery operations to leadership of the team. The position is responsible for the entirety of the Managed Services scope, including management of subcontractors, offshore providers, and key partners. This is a leadership role expected to be client facing and often supporting sales.
Kovarus is an IT technology firm headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area that helps companies modernize and automate IT. We enable businesses to transform their IT service delivery through infrastructure optimization, cloud automation, and application delivery (DevOps). We provide system integration, professional services, and managed services to our client base with headquarters or major operations in the US West, serving their needs globally.
Primary duties of position
Managed Services Operations
- Develop, document, communicate, and continually improve service delivery processes and procedures.
- Establish and manage an ongoing management cadence to track service delivery performance and improvement opportunities
- Maintain tools and partnerships to facilitate day-to-day service delivery.
- Attract, retain, grow, and lead the engineering team delivering services to customers.
- Train team members as required to maintain consistent delivery and in advance of new support methodologies.
- Escalation point and manager of all Managed Services needs throughout the client lifecycle.
- Develop and maintain run books and work estimating models for all Managed Services offerings.
- Act as Service executive for key client meetings, escalations, and business reviews.
- Resource planning and management based on business growth and projections.
Managed Services Go to Market
- Lead the solution/offering development process for Managed Services capabilities.
- Provide content as necessary to Sales and Marketing for sales enablement and promotion of Kovarus Managed Services offerings and capabilities.
- Advise Kovarus Executive and Solutions leadership on changes necessary to stay abreast of changing customer needs, market changes, and delivery models.
- Provide Sales Enablement materials, training, and support.
- Develop thought leadership such as white papers, blog posts, etc. to be used on marketing and social platforms.
- Develop and maintain pricing calculators and scoping worksheets for use in developing Managed Services proposals.
- Create packaged offerings as requested to facilitate cross-selling and proactive proposals.
Sales Support / Pre Sales
- Partner with account managers and solution architects in the pursuit of new managed services business, both by penetrating new accounts and cross-selling/up-selling in existing customers.
- Act as subject matter expert for Managed Services offerings, capabilities, scoping, pricing, and delivery options.
- Develop solution proposals and presentations based on client requirements.
- Propose and contract managed services business with customers. Work with other Kovarus SMEs as appropriate to coordinate SOWs, scoping, and pricing for end to end solutions.
- Work with account managers to represent pipeline and forecasting to Kovarus leadership.
- Act as interface between the Managed Services team and Sales and Account Management at Kovarus.
Skill and Ability Requirements
- Expert in IT Service Management processes, procedures, and industry best practices.
- Proven ability to grow and scale an infrastructure managed services organization.
- Customer centric mentality, great delivery of world class customer service.
- Strong communications skills (written and oral) in English.
- Though this position does not require hands on engineering skills, we presume a successful candidate will have an IT Infrastructure Engineering background in order to understand and communicate effectively with technical staff.
- Must have the ability to effectively manage a team environment that is geographically dispersed. We are looking for a candidate with prior leadership/management experience.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Skilled in service contract scoping, development, and negotiation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field is desired.
- 10+ years in Technical Support or Service Delivery Organizations.
Work Location and Travel
- Part time (less than 25%) travel in the United States, primarily Rockies and West Coast, depending on Sales and Business Initiatives.
- Can be based anywhere in the United States with good practical airport access, but US West is desired based on geographical focus of Kovarus.
Tweet This: Tweet
Share on LinkedIn: