The Network Architect is responsible for a wide range of systems design, build outs, and operational support which includes various virtual and physical network components. Will play a central role in strategic initiatives, such as validating, maintaining and evolving technologies surrounding networking and automation, will also collaborate with IT resources, Customer Development teams and DevOps to architect and deploy network solutions that align with requirements.
VMware | NSX | vRealize | Automation | Orchestration | Server | Route/Switch | Storage | SOW | VCP-DC | VCP-NV | CCNA | CCNP
- Oversee data-center management, systems management and monitoring, networking, and security systems.
- Provide planning, installing, configuring, and upgrading support for vRealize Automation, vRealize Orchestrator and NSX.
- Architect highly complex server, storage, and networking solutions.
- Assist with compiling technical documents and presentations such as SOWs and customer proposals.
- Five+ years expertise in networking, specifically VMware NSX, network virtualization and security.
- CCNA / CCNP data center Route Switch.
- Data Center Virtualization (VCP-DCV) or Network Virtualization (VCP-NV) certification required or to be acquired shortly after hire.
- Experience with public-cloud technologies.
- Experience with maintaining applications in a Linux environment.
- Knowledge of IP networking, network security, firewalls and DDOS mitigation.
- Experience with application, performance and security monitoring, and resolution.
- Knowledge of Agile development process from system build through deployment.
- Familiarity with cloud technologies, AWS, Azure, and VMware.
- Strong customer facing and presentation skills, ability to present and communicate at all levels.
- Passion for problem solving.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Large-scale (enterprise) infrastructure experience.
- Puppet, Ansible, and/or Jenkins.
- Professional services experience in an open-source/enterprise environment.
BS/MS, Computer Science, Information Systems, Technical degree (CS / IT / Eng / ITSec) or equivalent experience. VCP-DCV, VCP-NV, CCNA, CCNP certifications required (or to be obtained ASAP).
Tweet This: Tweet
Share on LinkedIn: