SD-WAN | Nexus | Catalyst | ACI | NSX | SDDC | UCS | SDN | Network Virtualization | Software Defined Network | Micro-segmentation | Network Policy | Firewall | CCIE | Juniper | Palo Alto | Routing | BGP | NGFW
The ideal candidate will be a “thought leader” in the area of how networking solutions can add value by enabling customers to be proactive in the areas of network automation, control, security, and management. You will lead the professional service engagements driving successful deployment and adoption of the components.
As a Network Architect, you will be responsible for leading Kovarus’ most advanced customers through the design, deployment, and adoption of advanced networking technology. The ideal candidate will have both excellent technical credentials and a friendly consultative approach to solving complex IT challenges helping customers deliver on critical business needs. This position is an integral part of the Professional Services team responsible for defining technology and services solutions for our enterprise clients. This individual will work directly with customers to architect and implement solutions within the customers’ infrastructure. The position requires an experienced consultant, he or she will be responsible for identification of requirements and scope, implementation planning and service delivery to meet the clients’ business objectives.
- Provide thought leadership with prospects and customers in developing a vision and plan of how the proposed solutions can address their IT challenges and provide significant business value.
- Own and lead specific customer engagements implementing core networking solutions.
- Develop strong customer relationships that enable Kovarus to maintain trusted advisor status with our customers’ IT executives.
- Partner with Sales to build relationships with key buyers, recommend approaches and tools for defining the solution and communicate it to diverse audiences.
- Provide input to the Presales teams, extending and customizing solutions to meet customer integration and functionality needs.
- Work with other departments in the company to achieve customer satisfaction and resolve customer issues in a timely fashion.
- CCNP/CCDP or equivalent certification and/or related work experience — CCIE preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of networking and security products, solutions, and services.
- Network security tools and networking concepts such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, and Security/Trust Zones.
- Network components and concepts such as:
- Routers, switches, load balancers, and other networking and security components from a variety of vendors.
- Virtual networking components such as NSX, SDWAN, SDN, Viptela.
- Networking protocols such as BGP and OSPF.
- VLANs, VPN, Unicast vs Multicast, Management Networks, IP subnetting, and network design.
- Proven experience and deep knowledge of the networking technologies and vendors such as Cisco, Viptela, Palo Alto Networks, Juniper Networks, Arista, VMWare NSX.
- Experience with integrating heterogeneous networking and security environments.
- Understanding of modern IT and DevOps production data center and cloud (ISP/ASP) operations.
- Familiarity with systems management concepts, processes and standards (e.g. SNMP); capacity/performance management and tuning, and storage and network management.
- Translate customer requirements into design decisions and architecture.
- Scripting skills preferred.
CCNA CCNP/CCDP or equivalent certification and/or related work experience — CCIE preferred.
- Five years in a network architect or similar role. Previous consulting experience preferred.
- Hands on experience with VMware ESX Server or VMware products.
- Experience with operation and administration of large Windows Server and desktop environments.
- Experience in administration of complex Storage Area Networks, including fibre-channel and ethernet-based protocols.
- Previous exposure to cloud management platforms such as OpenStack, CloudStack, vRA including networking enabled by software.
- Familiarly of clustering technologies such as MS Cluster Server, Red Hat clustering, Oracle RAC.
- Hands-on experience with key technology solution/language/tools, e.g. CloudStack, OpenStack, AWS, KVM, libvirt, Chef, Puppet, Python, CMS, DynamicOps, API, etc.
Tweet This: Tweet
Share on LinkedIn: