Kovarus is seeking an experienced VMware Pre-sales engineer, or post-sales delivery with good interpersonal skills, for the role of the VMware Solutions Expert Architect utilizing a consultative approach to client engagement. The role’s focus is on pre-sales activities working with account managers to help our customers automate their data center operations in hybrid-cloud environments utilizing a variety of tools that also include the VMware SDDC portfolio.
- Work within a highly skilled and technical architecture team to develop, design and enable Infrastructure as a Service and Platform as a Service for our customers.
- Knowledge of the compute, storage, network, VMware and public cloud hyperscalers silos is needed. Proven competence and technical depth in the VMware space is required.
- Partner with account managers to design and optimize or deploy new network architectures on premises up through the cloud.
- Special focus is given to look toward optimization through automation for the business, both by penetrating new accounts and cross-selling/up-selling in existing customers.
- Propose and contract services business with customers. Work with Professional Services and peer SMEs as appropriate to coordinate SOWs, scoping, and pricing.
- Propose and quote software, subscription, and ELA (enterprise license agreement) business.
- Collaborate with customers on IT strategy, solution whiteboard, and educational sessions to deepen Kovarus’ thought leadership and opportunity in the account.
- Establish and maintain relationships with our key OEMs in the networking space.
- Work with account managers to represent pipeline and forecasting to Kovarus leadership.
- Healthy understanding of the concepts of containers, Kubernetes, micro-segmentation and data center automation is helpful.
- Act as services executive for in-flight consulting engagements, as a point of contact for escalation and conduit to Kovarus executive team for customers.
- Work with Professional Services team to ensure smooth handoff for executing services engagements with customers.
The ideal candidate will have the following characteristics and be able to perform the following tasks:
- Partner with account managers in the pursuit of new software, cloud, and automation business with a focus on VMware solutions across the Software Designed Data Center.
- Having previous experience implementing ESXi, vRA, vRO, VMC, VCF VMware solutions is ideal.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field is desired as are related professional certifications.
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package including salary, bonus, PTO, medical, dental, and vision benefits.
Tweet This: Tweet
Share on LinkedIn: